Saturday 16 July 2011

Get Thee A Cherry Pitter!

I am not normally one for buying or collecting small kitchen gadgets, but I have to say, I am in LOVE with this tool!   

Insert a cherry with the stem down (there is a slot to slide it in easily).  Press down.



Out pops the pit and the stem!  It's a bit messy as a little bit of juice gets squirted out, but if you wear an apron, you'll stay clean.  I also learned to hold my free hand over the top of the gadget as I pushed down to keep the juice from squirting all over my face :)


I was on a roll and managed to get 4 cups of cherries pitted in a few minutes.  This (happily) translated into two cherry/blueberry pies made together with my 8 year old daughter :)


Naughty, naughty, we had pie for breakfast!


   I bought my cherry pitter at Lee Valley Tools and I'm really happy with the quality and function of it.  The time it saves is totally worth the money and I highly recommend it!


1 comment:

  1. It must be a day for making pies...I made one today too.....I have a cherry pitter too....They look a bit torture-like, but they are fantastic.
    My mouth is watering looking at your pie.

    ReplyDelete