Saturday 30 July 2011

Full Days

 This single dragonfly is one of THOUSANDS that are thriving in and around our garden right now.  Dragonflies eat mosquitoes, and boy have we had mosquitoes this year!   I am astounded at how much nicer it is to work in the garden without having to constantly cover up and slather oneself in citronella.


What a beautiful rainbow we saw in front of our house yesterday.  So incredibly clear and bright - a rare treat to see...


These lovely FREE berries that I picked on Friday morning...

                  were transformed into ANOTHER batch of raspberry jam by afternoon...

and these strawberries bought spontaneously at rock bottom pricing on Friday afternoon....

                      
                                 were turned into these Saturday morning.

Late Friday evening, I took delivery of 50lbs of organic cherries and 25lbs of organic apricots direct from the Okanagan.  They are absolutely BY FAR the most delicious fruits I've ever tasted!  I'm dreaming of apricot jam, cherry pies and a little more cherry blueberry jam...

The clock is really ticking because I've got green beans just about ready to pick.  Next week will be full steam ahead to can beans, and given the number of plants that I have, I'll be doing it for two weeks straight, lol!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful view! And you are richly blessed with berries! love,andrea

    ReplyDelete