Monday 6 June 2011

Spared...

When I awoke in the wee hours of Saturday morning, the first thing I did was check the thermometer.  Zero.  Really?  ZERO as in freezing my garden, zero?  *sigh*  A quick look out the windows showed no evidence of frost, just lots of heavy dew.  What a relief!  I knew that the garden would be okay, we had covered the tomatoes which were my primary concern.  The rest could tolerate a dance with "zero" just not "-1".   Such a difference a degree makes!

My parents left this morning after a 10 days visit from the west coast.  We had a lot of fun and were very busy during their stay, so I'm way behind on my chores and home keeping.  No matter, it all keeps, doesn't it?

Being gloriously sunny today, it's a great day to get our bed linens washed and on the line early.  I love crawling into bed between line dried sheets on a Monday night...  a comforting Monday routine that I think we all need to get us back on track.  That and "Monday cookies" should "fix everyone to rights"...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment