I was so busy today ~ going from one task to another with barely any time in between. I'm energized by the increasing daylight hours and the warm sunshine, but I know that if I'm not careful, I'll burn out. A bit of rest a few times per day can go a long way to restoring my energy, my focus and my sense of peace.
Aside from the regular responsibilities of daily home schooling and housework, there are a myriad of urgent tasks to attend to at the moment. The most pressing are:
1) attending the last of the appointments at the local High Schools and completing the research/program comparisons. We must get our oldest daughter registered for September now while the course selections are still open.
2) finishing our daughter's education portfolio
3) relocating the hens out of the garden so that I can plant the rest of it
4) planting our HUGE garden (seeding and transplanting seedlings)
5) preparing housing/brooder space for the chicks due to hatch out this week
6) drawing up plans for the front verandah/door access as our carpenter is coming this month to assist us with the structural work
7) building a chicken tractor to house the younger chickens