Friday 16 November 2012

Busy

Life at Little Home In The Country has been busy of late...  not just because of this little sweetheart (our darling Grand-daughter, Penny), but for a whole host of reasons!





My Organic Master Gardener course is going well, although I must admit, it's much more of a challenge than I expected.  I'm extremely happy about that, because I'm learning more than I could have ever imagined about soil ecology, agriculture, botany (and so much more).  I'm priming myself to take a Permaculture Design Course in 2013 (which has been my goal all along).

Aside from my personal schooling, the children are now settled into public school life which is mostly a very positive experience.  The hardest part is how busy our evenings are ~ when everyone's energy is waning, there's a lot to fit into into those precious evening hours...

Kelly is still working away, although it appears that we can see the light at the end of the tunnel...  with any luck he'll be in his local position by late Spring 2013.  Keep your fingers and crossed, will you?

The garden is sleeping under a few feet of snow, hopefully rejuvenating and relishing in the glorious layers of organic matter that was spread before the snow fell.  It'll be at least 5 months before we see the soil again.  Such a stark contrast to full days toiling in the hot sun just a few months ago...

I'm sewing a baby quilt for Penny and am busy planning a baby shower for my lovely Daughter In Law (which will be at our place next weekend).  I'm in a bit of denial about the scope of it and I really should get cracking on more of the prep and cooking.  Follow up with me, will you?

Chat soon :)





2 comments:

  1. Penny is just gorgeous!

    Life is keeping you busy it seems, glad to hear your course is going well and you are learning a lot of new things :)

    Fingers are crossed for Kelly!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad your course is going well. I have to confess to envying your snow. I know others think its a pain but i have never grown out of finding it exciting! Have a lovely weekend. Lily. xxx

    ReplyDelete