Sunday 8 May 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Imagine my surprise when my husband and 3 boys took the bull by horns and worked ALL DAY to prepare our new hen run!   This means that I can take over the old hen run for my expanded garden right away, which thrills me to no end!   They devoted the entire day to working on this as my Mother's Day present and I am so happy :)  They all had many other things they would have rather been doing, so the gesture was very significant to me.

This is what they accomplished on one day:

a)  rented a post hole auger and then had to go back to the store to get the auger bit exchanged because they sent the wrong one with the auger.  URGH!
b)  dug out 20 post holes
c)  bought 20 posts
d)  set 20 posts in concrete




Whew!  That was a huge amount of work and I am so proud of my family.  What a meaningful gift to me - the gift of time and effort.  As well, my oldest surprised me with this lovely bouquet - I'm in 7th heaven!



Wishing each of you a wonderful day filled with family, laugher, gratitude and love.   Thanks to my own dear Mother, Lynne for your love and unfailing support.  I love you very much.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment